Register for Classes
Registration Using the New Student Planner
For current degree-seeking students, we are now using a new self-service Student Planner. This new process makes registration as easy as 1-2-3!
- Plan – If you are a continuing student, start by meeting with your Faculty Advisor to create your education plan using the new Student Planner found on your WNCC Portal. This new tool will allow you to lay out your education plan for your entire enrollment at WNCC.
- Select – Prior to the start of the registration period each term, you will select the sections of courses from the plan that you have developed with your Faculty Advisor. All courses must be approved by your Faculty Advisor prior to registration.
- Register – Registration for Spring 2017 opens November 3, 2016 at 12:01 a.m. Once registration has opened, you must select the Register Now button to actually be registered for courses. You may register for courses all at once or one at a time.
If you have questions about using the Student Planner, login to your portal and go to the Registration Information page.
Introducing Student Planner!
This is an exciting new planning and registration tool which has many new features:
- My Progress displays your current degree audit, shows what courses are needed for your degree program, and lets you track your progress toward degree completion.
- You can Search or select courses from this screen to add to your planner.
- View a New Program allows you to see how your completed courses would apply to a different degree program.
- Plan & Schedule contains several views to help you look at your past, current, and future terms.
- Schedule displays a time grid which is especially helpful when selecting course sections for registration as you can easily see how the sections fit your schedule and look for time conflicts.
- Timeline allows you to scroll between completed courses and plan future courses over your entire enrollment so that you can create the roadmap for your degree program.
- Advising displays the names of your Faculty Advisor and Success Coach; you select the Request Review button once you have created a plan that you would like your Faculty Advisor to approve. You may also contact your Faculty Advisor and Success Coach using Compose a Note within the Planner or via the email links provided.
- Course Catalog lists all of the available courses in the current catalog. You may search for courses using the Search box at the top of the page, or by applying various filters to narrow your search by department, term, day of week, instructor, location or whether or not the course is taught online as you develop your plan.
- Test Summary will let you see your test scores used for course placement.
- Unofficial Transcript allows you to view your unofficial transcript at any time.
Where To Find Student Planner
To locate the Student Planner, login to your portal, go to the Self-Service Menu, select Webadvisor for Students, then Academic Planning, and finally, Student Planning.
This tool allows you, as a student, to be actively involved in planning your degree program and to clearly track your progress as you take courses. Don’t miss out on getting the classes you need for your next term, go see your Faculty Advisor and begin planning today!
Don't Be Late! Every Day Counts!
Upcoming Deadlines and Dates for Spring 2017:
- November 3 – Registration opens at 12:01 a.m., students must login to Student Planning and select Register Now to register for classes. Students may make changes to their schedules until classes begin on January 11. Changes outside of plan must be approved by their Faculty Advisor.
- January 13 – Last day for new students to register for Spring 2017 classes
- January 15 – Last day for returning students to register online for Summer 2016 classes
- January 16 – First day of Spring 2017 classes
Your success is important to us!
Student success is one of our core values at WNCC. That is why ALL WNCC students must complete registration at least one day prior to the start date of each term. NO EXCEPTIONS! Why?
- The first day of classes is one of the most important days. If you miss it, you’ll have a difficult time trying to catch up.
- Students who register late for classes tend not to do as well academically as those who register on time.
- Since tuition and fees are due on the first day of classes, you have more time to pay, work with the Financial Aid Office, or make other arrangements to pay your fees.
- You will have more time to work with your Faculty Advisor or Success Coach in selecting your classes. Remember that seats in courses are available on a ‘first-come, first-served’ basis, so give yourself the best chance of getting the classes you want by planning ahead.
How to Register...
New, Degree-Seeking Students
Please plan ahead! If you are new to WNCC, you must first complete the Application for Admission. An Admissions Counselor will then notify you of the necessary steps to continue the registration process including placement tests and orientation dates. If you are planning to enroll in six or more credits, you will be assigned a Success Coach to show you how to use the Student Planner and create a schedule for your first term. During your first semester, you will assigned a Faculty Advisor based on your degree program, who will help you build an academic plan of study and arrange class schedules for future semesters. New students must register in person unless other arrangements are made.
It is recommended that students intending to register for the first time begin the process no less than one to two weeks prior to the start of the course. Earlier is better!
If you were previously a student, but have not been enrolled for at least one semester (excluding summers), you should start by contacting the Admissions Office. An Admissions Counselor will verify your program of study and Faculty Advisor and also determine if other steps are needed before you get registered. It is recommended that students intending to return to WNCC begin the process no less than one to two weeks prior to the start of the course.
Once you have met with your Faculty Advisor and your academic plan has been reviewed and approved, you will be ready to register for classes using the Student Planner found on the WNCC portal.
Non-Degree Seeking Students
If you are simply taking a credit course enrichment, for transfer to another college, or you are a dual-credit student in high school, please complete the following steps:
- Download the registration form or obtain the registration form from your guidance counselor. Click here for large print version of the registration form.
- Complete all information on the form.
- Submit the form in one of the following ways:
- Turn the form to the Student Services Office at your nearest WNCC campus in Alliance, Scottsbluff, or Sidney (see addresses at the bottom of page).
- Fax the form to 308.635.6732.
- Email the form to email@example.com.
Changing Your Schedule
Prior to the start of a term, you may add or drop courses and make section changes; however, any changes that have not already been approved by your Faculty Advisor will require their approval before you will be able to complete registration. You may make the change in your plan, then notify your advisor using the Compose a Note feature on the Advising tab. You should send a request that your advisor review the changes to your plan and ask for their approval. It is also suggested that you also send an email to your advisor from this same tab asking them to review your changes in the Planner. Once your Faculty Advisor has reviewed your schedule, they can approve, make changes, or deny those changes and notify you using the Notes feature. Once all changes are approved, you may complete the registration by selecting the registration button on the appropriate course sections.
Once the fall, spring, or summer term (including 1st 8-Week classes) has started, and if you are already registered for other courses prior to the first day of the term, you may add a course no later than the second class meeting. You may also change course sections by making the appropriate changes in your Student Planner on the WNCC portal prior to the second meeting of the class.
No Penalty Drop Period - You may drop a course without penalty up to five days after the initial meeting of the class during the fall and spring terms by dropping the course in your Student Planner on the WNCC portal. For summer term and 8-week classes, you may drop a course up to three days after the initial meeting of the class.
After the no penalty drop period, you may drop a course up to two weeks after midterm or before 60 percent of the course time is completed. Tuition and fee refunds are based on the published WNCC refund policy.
To drop a course, download the drop form and have your instructor sign it. Your instructor needs to provide your last date of attendance and the drop grade. Return the form to the Student Services Office for processing. Charges for the course continue to accrue according to the Refund Policy until the completed drop form is received in the Student Services Office.
To drop an online course, download the drop form, complete and sign it. In addition, you must email your instructor with a request to drop. An explanation as to why the drop is needed is helpful. Your instructor then responds to you with a drop grade and your last date of attendance. You need to forward your instructor's response along with the drop form to the Registrar using one of the following methods:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to 308.635.6732
- Mail to WNCC Student Services Office, 1601 E. 27th Street, Scottsbluff, NE 69361.
Your drop will be processed according to the date when you first contacted your instructor.
Registration Dates & Hours
- Spring 2017 registration opens November 3 at 12:01 a.m.
- Once open, registration is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Registrar's Office Hours
- Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.