The Career Center at WNCC offers a full range of career planning, internship, and career employment services.
The goal of the Career Center is to provide students with comprehensive career services to help supplement their classroom experience, make wise vocational choices and assist in their search for employment.
In other words, we want students to "be fit" for their careers, learn to balance their lives and be successful! Here are some of the ways the Career Center can help students:
- Part-Time And Full-Time Job Listings - openings are posted on bulletin boards in the Main Building and online
- Career And Lifestyle Exploration And Assessment: a personality and interest inventory are given and interpreted on an individual or group basis
- Job Search Skills: organizing, networking and using resources to get the job you want
- Résumé and Cover Letter Writing Assistance: write them well, get the interview
- Interviewing Techniques: including videotaped practice interviews
- Hands-On Internship/Cooperative Education and Service Learning Opportunities
The Career Center has a resource room full of excellent materials: computer programs, books, videos, etc., to help students discover "what they want to do with their lives!"