The WNCC Foundation Board’s signature event is the annual Platte Valley Companies Monument Marathon, which held its inaugural event in September 2012. The Marathon is a public-private partnership event, with assistance by the Star Herald newspaper.
Over 400 runners and walkers, from 24 states, compete in the event, traveling along the same routes as the pioneers who traveled the Oregon, Mormon and California trails. The event offers a unique experience, as it is set against the natural beauty of the towering natural monuments and landscape of Scotts Bluff County. The 2013 event also received an award from the Nebraska Department of Tourism, as the key tourist attraction for the state of Nebraska.
The full-marathon (26.2 miles) and half-marathon (13.1 miles) offer a unique experience to runners and walkers. Scotts Bluff National Monument serves as the focal point, as the course traverses through the park’s badlands and historic Mitchell Pass. The plains of western Nebraska offer stunning landscape views and the adjoining Wildcat Hills, with rugged rock buttes and pine-clad canyons, bring a beautiful contrast that participants seeking a scenic course will appreciate.
Fall Frolic and Celebrate WNCC
The Fall Frolic is an annual 5K/10K Walk and Run that is a fun event for the entire family, helps to recognize WNCC alumni, students, staff and faculty and brings together community members on the WNCC campus.
Mission Statement of the WNCC Alumni Association:
To provide opportunities for alumni and friends of WNCC to build lifelong relationships and support the College mission.
The Purpose of the Organization is to:
1. Keep alumni connected and involved in the College and its future
2. Enhance current students’ educational and community opportunities
3. Help promote the College to alumni, students and the community
The Goals of the Organization are to:
1. Promote participation in activities
2. Recognize distinguished alumni
3. Document the institutional history
4. Publish a quarterly newsletter and provide access to WNCC calendar of events and activity schedules
5. Increase awareness of WNCC opportunities available to alumni and friends
The WNCC Alumni Committee offers a variety of events, reunions, and special recognitions throughout the year for Alumni & Friends of the college. Learn more today!