Transferring Credit From WNCC


For students wanting to transfer from WNCC, please contact the institution you are planning to attend. Every college is different, and it is up to that institution to determine what will be accepted as transfer credits. You can call or visit the website of the school you are planning to attend for more information.

WNCC makes every effort to assist students wishing to transfer to other colleges and universities. Most four-year colleges will accept up to 64 or 66 hours of freshman and sophomore level credit earned at a community college.

The generally accepted requirements for transfer to another institution include a minimum of "C'' grades in course work and a program taken at WNCC which corresponds with the program at the institution to which the student is transferring.

The student works with a faculty advisor and transfer advisor to plan a course of study to enable the student to meet the requirements of the four-year institution.

Most four-year institutions recommend that the student complete general educational requirements and lower division sequential courses at the two-year college.

Some vocational-technical credits earned at all campuses also may transfer to many four-year colleges.

Students who plan to transfer credits to a four-year college or university should discuss this with a transfer advisor or their faculty advisor and personnel at the four-year institution. If you are transferring to another college or university, you will need to provide them with your official WNCC transcript.

To request your transcript, visit

For more information, click on the following links: